agosto 22, 2013

Brasil, polite people or not.

Praça da Bandeira, "Flag Square", Sao Paulo, Brazil.

After a long time living abroad I had good surprises going back to Brazil. Not all situations were good, of course, but I want to talk about the good ones. I think it's easy to complain, but it's difficult to say a compliment.

What am I talking about?

In Brazil people aren't polite like we use to see in the US. Not all salesperson either. I'm saying they don't use the normal polite words in Portuguese as: "thank you", "welcome", "excuse me". Those words seem to be very unfashion in Brazil nowadays. However they were very friendly, and helpful.

I'll explain below.

I parked my car in a private parking lot to go to a place where the use of cell phone is forbidden. The employer at the entrance saw my husband phone and remmind us that. After talking to him, he saw my purse - normal size - and said that my purse could be an issue as well. He recommended me to just take my wallet and documents. I said “thank you”, and he answered "good luck". When I came back to pay, he asked "everything was good?"

This situation was very unexpected, and friendly. I wasn't paying anything else for that help. The price at the parking lot has is the same with or without help.

Neither I have the name of the parking lot to tell you.

--
Isabela: Brazilian, designer, works with automotive fabrics in the US. She did psychology college as well and had enjoyed a lot. She is living abroad for while, maybe because this she likes trends, cultures and behaviors.

Um comentário:

  1. Buenaѕ,
    Creo que es la unica vez que hе enhtrado eel blog y tengo que decіr que no ezta mal y posiblemente entrarе mas frecuentemente por
    loss comentarios.
    ;)

    Para leer mɑs articulos similares Miguel

    ResponderExcluir

Leave your comments here.